Saturday, April 5, 2008

Thing 17

I experienced some problems working with this Thing. I was not able to get the videos to work and I ran out of patience with the RSS feeds. I have explored the Kids Infobits and used it a couple of times with fourth graders. Currently we are doing a rainforest animal research project, when I went to look for some of the animals we are researching I was not able to find information on the animals we are studying. I found the National Geographic site to fit our needs for this project.

When students come in to the media center for a project we are always on a tight schedule. The students seem to do better when we use the World Book reference center and a couple of preselected sites. At the K-4 level they seem to get lost sorting through all of the information available on these databases.
ELM is a valuable tool that is available to all users. It is a cost effective way to offer patrons a variety of materials.
I will come back to this at another time, but for now I am calling it quits and moving on.

No comments: