Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thing 19

I love podcasts! My favorites are Car Talk, The Splendid Table and This American Life. It reminds me of a radio version of TIVo. Recently I purchased an ipod and have had a lot of fun learning how to load movies through HandBrake, creating playlist, loading audio books and podcasts.

This week I introduced author William Durbin to fourth grade students. I shared the interview with Durbin talking about his new book El Lextor that MPR had on their site. I was pleasantly surprised at how interested the students were and how many of them want to read the book. Without any video or photos I did not think it would hold their interest. I am going to explore creating podcast with students. Poetry month would be a great time to create some.

I've taken advantage of a few webinars and podcasts about various library topics. I will revisit the suggested list when I complete the "23 Things".


No comments: